Thursday, April 11, 2013

Life in the MTC


Life has been a little busy, and I have yet to report on the boys' adjustment in the MTC.  Suffice it to say that they are doing well, and that they love it.  I kind of wondered about what Mark was doing down there because he emphatically stated in his first letter, "I don't know why you said it might be hard here, Mom....It's like a big party !!"  I am glad he is enjoying it, and I hope that statement just means that he is having a fine time absorbing everything...!  As luck would have it, they are both in the same district.  As Matthew quipped, "I can't seem to get rid of this guy!"  Well, Matthew and Mark, as the day of your departure from the MTC creeps ever closer, I believe you will actually miss each other.  For the next two years, you will finally be separated from the person you have shared your life with before birth.

   Matthew claims that the Spanish language is coming slowly.  He says that conjugation of verbs is a little hard for him, but it is coming.  It is amazing that they are learning so quickly.  That being said, I have also heard that once a person gets out in the field and really hears the language, it does not sound like the same language they learned in the MTC.
   Mark wrote that he wanted his teddy bear as he was not sleeping well.  He wrote today that receiving his teddy bear has , indeed, helped that problem.  I am so glad, and my mother's heart was softened to hear that my big boy still needed his teddy bear.  It may be another issue if he insists on taking it on his honeymoon. Mark says that attending the temple is a highlight of the week, and that he enjoys it very much.  He likes his companion and says the food is wonderful.  He did, however, ask for candy.  He assures me that he is brushing and flossing his teeth daily.
 
 They loved getting pictures of Ruby, and were quite anxious to hear about her arrival.  They both love kids, and Mark especially loves the little ones.  They will be amazing uncles when they come home.  It seems to me they have been gone a long time instead of just a little over three weeks!   We finally noticed that our Christmas lights were still up and enlisted Bethany to take them down.  The boys have always decorated the house every year, and somehow we missed that little detail until just this week.  My car needs to be vaccumed out; it was always one of the boys who did that little chore.  Mark is a clean freak who cleans up the kitchen nightly so I guess we are learning just who picks up around here!!  Jerry and I will no longer have any excuse once the kids leave:).
 
  They are leaving on Tuesday for their respective missions.  Mother's day is coming up, and I will get to talk with them.  In other news...less than two weeks until our Rachel leaves for the MTC.  Too bad that they barely will miss seeing each other.
                                              Mark, Matthew and the Elders in their District
                                              Looks like a conference (I don't get captions)
                                                 Boys will be boys
                                                              Fireside?
                                                       Mark, Colton, Matthew
                                                     Preach the Gospel
                                                             Mark, Drake, Matthew
Matthew looks like Adam here

No comments:

Post a Comment